We work closely with our suppliers to source the best natural stones from around the world including; granites, marbles, quartzites limestones and slates, along with man-made quartz from leading brands
Below is just a small selection of the materials available, please visit our showroom for a larger selection.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for at our showroom we recommend you visit one of our suppliers, for example The Marble and Granite Centre, where you can pick out your stone and we’ll have it delivered to our factory to be fabricated.
- A natural stone.
- Primarily formed with the coming together of clay and volcanic ash.
- Can be honed or riven.
- Slate varies significantly in durability – Italian Slate is softer, not appropriate for a worktop, however the Brazilian is a bit tougher. We can also source Berwyn Slate from Wales which is really strong and great for worktops.
- Thicknesses: 20mm or 30mm
People might choose slate because:
- It’s a very traditional worktop surface, which depending on the finish can look rustic farmhouse or modern industrial.
- Slate works really well as flooring for both interiors and exteriors.
Durability (out of 5)
- Durability Rating: 3-4
- Can I put a hot pan on it? Yes
- Will it stain if I chop beetroot on it? No, however oily foods will
- Will it leave visible scratches if I chop on it? Some yes, particularly if polished
- Can it be made water tight? Yes
- Is it susceptible to watermarks? Yes if not sealed correctly
Where are we?
We are conveniently located in Stokenchurch, Buckinghamshire, less than a mile from Junction 5 of the M40. Just a short drive from High Wycombe, Beaconsfield, Marlow, Henley and Oxford, we are involved in projects all over the region.
We are happy to work across the Chilterns • London • Berkshire • Hertfordshire • Oxfordshire and beyond.