At Coulon Stone Ltd, we source and curate an unparalleled selection of natural stones and composite quartz materials. Each stone tells its unique story, crafted by nature itself. Explore our wide range of options, carefully handpicked to ensure unmatched quality and durability, while being mindful of the environment.
Below is just a small selection of the quartzite available, please visit our showroom for a larger selection.
If you can’t find what you’re looking for at our showroom we recommend you visit one of our suppliers, for example The Marble and Granite Centre, where you can pick out your stone and we’ll have it delivered to our factory to be fabricated.
- A natural stone
- Quartzite is a metamorphic rock made almost entirely of quartz (the world’s most abundant mineral.) It forms when a quartz-rich sandstone is altered by the heat, pressure, and chemical activity of metamorphism. The result is a network of interlocking quartz grains of incredible strength
- Quartzite’s are almost as durable as granites making them great for kitchen worktops, bathroom vanity tops and shower trays
- Thicknesses: 20mm or 30mm
People choose quartzite because:
- Quartzite’s are incredibly beautiful often appearing glassy and highly polished
- Similarly to marble they have a luxurious feel to them but are more durable than marbles
- They are easy to maintain so work well in busy family homes
Durability (out of 5)
- Durability Rating: 4.2
- Can I put a hot pan on it? Yes
- Will it stain if I chop beetroot on it? In most cases no
- Will it leave visible scratches if I chop on it? No
- Is it susceptible to watermarks? No
- Can it be made water tight? Yes